Friday, February 17, 2012

Sesame Soy Dressing & Asian Salad


This dressing is so sweet & light, I love it. The soy sauce, agave, apple cider vinegar, and sesame oil add great flavor to the rest of the ingredients. And I altered the original recipe to make it lower-fat, too! This would go great on an Asian noodle salad, either as pictured above with shaved Daikon radish "noodles," and pea shoots, or with soba noodles and veggies.

Recipe adapted from Vegan Yum Yum's Sesame Soy Dressing
Makes about 3/4 cup- plenty for many salads!
Ingredients:
  • 3 Tbsp soy sauce
  • 2 Tbsp soy or almond milk
  • 1 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
  • 1 Tbsp agave nectar
  • 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
  • 1 tsp fresh grated ginger, or 1/4 tsp ground ginger
  • Dash cayenne pepper
  • Black pepper to taste
  • 1 Tbsp peanut oil
  • 1 Tbsp water
  • 1 Tbsp sesame seeds
Suggested Serving Pairings (use all or a combo of the below):
  • Package of tempeh, sauteed in cubes until brown
  • Soba noodles
  • Pea shoots
  • Daikon radish and carrots
  • Baby spinach
Steps:
  1. Whisk together all ingredients but the oil & sesame seeds. Once well mixed, add in the oil, and whisk very well.
  2. To serve, drizzle about a Tbsp over your salad or dish, and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
The salad above used a Daikon radish and large carrot, both peeled with a vegetable peeler to form "noodles," and peat shoots over a bed of baby spinach. I think it would be great with some tempeh and soba noodles added in too, to make for a more filling meal.

3 comments:

  1. That salad looks so fresh and I love the flavors in it. I think I've only tried daikon radish once (also in an Asian salad I made), and I really liked it...I like your idea of peeling it into noodles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never tried Diakon before; I think I might have to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love that dressing.. and i love daikon in my salads. those ribbons make the salad fancy and fun!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments-drop me a line if you're stopping by!